Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Micropaleaontology

Those people studying microfossils must have super duper high patience.

Dealing with those minute and dead stuffs.

Not that I am not interested but it is making me kinda dizzy.

For a start, this is our task:

We were given sand samples,
mostly for islands around Sabah.

In this sand samples, there are microfossils.

So we need to sort out and identify them.

We were suposed to use the microscope but
then due to our tight schedule,

and time constraint to submit our lab report,
I used my naked eyes.

I am that cool cause I have no sight defect at all. *touchwood*

Initially I pour my sample on a piece of white paper,

but then the paper was blown by the wind
and the sample flew all over my desk.

So I wanted something with border.

I eyed on my Tupperware container.

Means I practically poured sand on top of my container
with my biscuits still in it.



And I need to place the samples in the

glass slides meant for microfossils.



This is like crazy tasks.

Last semester we were asked to take rock samples

as huge as possibe to get more accuracy,

and now we are dealing with dead organisms less than 2mm size.

Great news is, due dates for my reports are postponed to next week,

but I will be back in Sarawak for study week!

Which means if I am not done with them tomorrow

(101% confirm cannot complete)

I have to mail my assignments and reports over from Sarawak

to the bf or a friend staying in Uni during study week. *phew!*

Only 2 tests tomorrow and I will be back!

Flight on Friday night, I can't wait!

Wish me luck for my last test!! :)








No comments: