Saturday, August 23, 2008

21.08.2008

21.08.2008

Thursday

Rain

I went to lecture quite late today. On the way, I felt weird, as if I had missed something at the hostel. I thought that maybe it was because I left my clothes near the washing machine before I went for lecture, and was worried that the cleaner might put it somewhere else if she is to clean the laundry area. But, I carried on walking without thinking much as I was getting late for lecture. The first lecture was Physics. I was feeling very uncomfortable, having flu and sore throat. My friend asked me to sit under the air con, perhaps he was warm. I was feeling feverish, but I had no choice since most of the space are occupied. Then, I realized that I forgotten to bring my assignment, which is due today. No wonder I had been feeling that I missed something. So I decided to hand in my assignment straight to the lecturer’s office after the lecture. The lecturer told us that she wants to change our grouping (according to course) because she could not focus on teaching since our group is too noisy. I did not comment much, because either lecturers, I will still be unable to understand much. All I can do is to study on my own and puzzle my friends with questions. Minutes before the lecture ended, it started raining, it was around 3.10pm.had a debate meeting at the information resource center (IRC) at 2pm and the rain was asking me to make choices as I had no umbrella at that moment.

*This is how I hang my clothes when there is not
enough space at the balcony. They tried faster by fan
though.*

Praise God, my dear was good enough to buy an umbrella at the Uni-cherish (mini mart) and lent it to me. He too, waited for me to take my assignment from my hostel at the cafeteria. I rushed back under the rain with my shoes all soaked up, but I did not bothered. All I knew was to hand in my assignment as soon as possible. I rushed back to the cafeteria and saw him there with his friends, still patiently waiting for me. I asked him about a question from the assignment which I had not done yet, but he gave me no answer, neither did his friends could. This time, I brought along my own umbrella. We walked fast to block 23 hoping that we were in time to hand in my assignment. Luck enough, we did. When I entered her office, she was on the phone and she smiled to me. I wondered whether that smile means she will deduct my marks for handling in my assignment hours before the due time because I was supposed to hand it in during the lecture in the morning and by that time it was almost 4pm. Just prayed that she will be considerate. After handling in my assignment, I decided to go to the IRC, since the debate meeting will only end at 5pm. My dear walked me to the entrance and he went back to his hostel. In the IRC, I went soaring till the highest level looking for my group members. I ended up browsing the net about some physics I quiz from a well-known university (but found out the syllabus is different). Then I received an instant message (sms) saying that they all went back already just moments before I arrived at the IRC. So i picked up my umbrella and started my journey back to my hostel. I walked in the rain alone under my purple umbrella. As i looked around, I saw cleaners getting ready to get back home. Some seemed to be at my age or just slightly older, I felt lucky that I am given the chance to be here. This place may not be perfect, but it maybe a place where many people wished to be in. The situation or position that I am in now may not be easy, but it is where many people dream of. Walking alone in the rain was not lonely after all, at least I can still hear the sound of the rain dripping on the roof tops, the sound made by the tyres of the cars when they ran into puddles of water, I can still see people running in the rain and cyclist cycling as fast as they can to avoid getting to wet in the rain. It proved that I am still alive today. As I walked up the stairs to my hostel, I thought of my life. Thought how lucky I am to have a wonderful family, friends and my dear beside me. Thought how I am going to learn new things in life and get closer to God. Without realizing, I reached my room. I never felt this feeling before, it was as if my room was at the first floor, but it was at the third floor. For the first time, I was not tired climbing up the stairs. I realized, as I thought about my life, it is indeed very short. Just like how the distance to my room is shorten when I thought about life. Or maybe there were so many events, whether good or bad that happened in my life...I reached my room even though I had not finished thinking about my life. I had a wonderful guy too in my life, even though he gets childish and annoying at times, he is always there for me. Tonight, he said he will marry me one day. I do not know how true can that be but I know he is sincere and our love is pure. I am always amazed how he can still say he want to marry me because I was the one who always make him cry, and not him making me cry.

*My new bought guitar..super beginner,
I'm still learning the chords..*

“Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in thee : let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triump over me. Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed : let them be ashamed which transgress without cause. Show me thy ways, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses ; for they have been ever old. Remember not the sins for my youth, nor my transgressions : according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O Lord.”

(Psalm 25 : 1-7)

2 comments:

Jimmy said...

OMG u bought a guitar...
i'm so gonna tell mummy!

MeiLin said...

aiyo..
dat guitar so much cheaper den urs..
and i just wana learn ma..